Monday 19 January 2009

Plans

This journal (I hate the word blog) is going to be a place for me to organise my thoughts. I intend to list projects I'd like to do and follow them through development with regular posts showing the problems I encounter. I hope maybe it can be of use to others as well, but that is not my primary motive. Anyway, if you're actually reading this I must have done something right.

The list of projects I'd like to complete:

  • Collada loader
  • Decent text rendering
  • Screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO)
  • A simple memory allocation tracker
  • Light perspective shadow maps
  • Self-shadowed normal mapping
  • Rain on glass shader
  • Efficient perlin noise generated terrain with dynamic LOD
  • Sky dome with vertex shader to interpolate given colours
    • Real time modification of shader inputs

Also my loan came through last night so I went on a shopping spree. I ended up buying:

I'll try and do a brief review of them when I'm done reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment